This project started at my current job. We used to go out and eat hamburgers for lunch on fridays. After a while when we had been to the nearby burger restaurants we started to look for new places. And at the same time compare them. Where did they have the best burger? So I made an excel sheet where we rated the burgers. And the rest is history. The Burger boom is bigger than ever. New places popup all the time. And the site will do it´s best to stay updated(with your help, please send in suggestions of new places). But this is the place where you start before heading out there...
The focus is on pure hamburger restaurants. Real restaurants, not fastfood chains and such. The menu should have mostly hamburgers, not other dishes. And what differs this site against other sites..... well while they rate just the restaurant.....we go deeper. We have 8 rating categories!
The rating categories are:
- Menu Selection – How much is there to choose from
- Taste – VERY important category. The tasting experience of the burger itself. Meat, bun, vegetables, sauce…
- Extras – Fries, dip sauces. Both quantity and taste
- Presentation – You eat with your eyes, right? First impression always important. Plating is everything.
- Environment – Cosy, noisy, relaxed
- Service – well service….good service, bad service
- Value for money – The burger can be fantastic….but if it costs you a small fortune…
- Paying process – Now what is this? Well nobody likes to wait for the bill for ever. The lunch break is a valuable time of day. We want to eat burgers, not waste our time on other things. Service can be good…but if there´s a long process to get out of there……here´s where you rate it.
Only honest real ratings will count. Only 10´s or 1´s is probably not realistic and will be treated as a fake(bot) and it will be blocked.